In the village of Koskenkorva, a vodka and lingonberry juice has been the drink of choice for generations. Lingonberries grow wild and abundant in the Finnish forests and the everyman's right of Finland that allows everyone to pick the berries and use them in the best way they know how is well exercised by the Finns.
The traditional recipe for a lingonberry juice calls for cold-pressing and a touch of tartaric acid to help with the juicing process when the berries are crushed. This way the fresh taste of lingonberry is preserved and it works amazingly with the crisp and clean character of Koskenkorva Vodka.
How to Make Lingonberry Juice
- Put 35 oz. of lingonberries and 33 fl oz. of water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes and filter.
- Add 10 oz. of sugar and bring to a boil again. Wait until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour in heated bottles, let cool and refrigerate. Keeps for 6 months.
- Use 1 part juice 3 parts water.
- You can dry the berry pulp in an oven and blitz the dried pulp.
- Use lingonberry dust as garnish.
|Ingredient Amount||Ingredient Name|
|4 oz.||Koskenkorva Vodka|
|1||Homemade Lingonberry Juice|
Tools Of The Trade
- Bar Spoon
- Rocks Glass
- Fill glass with ice.
- Measure vodka on the ice and fill glass with juice.
- Stir gently and garnish.