Opha May Johnson was born on May 4th, 1878 and was the very first women to enlist in the United States Marine Corps. Opha was a real trailblazer and helped pave the way for generations of women in the military. Her story, bravery and dedication continue to inspire us. To celebrate her and her birthday, we’ve createda cocktail recipe that honors her legacy.
As we raise a glass of this delicious cocktail to Opha May Johnson, we also honor the countless other women who have bravely served our country. Their courage, dedication and sacrifice inspire us all. Cheers & Semper Fidelis!
|Ingredient Amount||Ingredient Name|
|2 oz.||Heroes Vodka|
|1 oz.||Blueberry Simple Syrup|
|1 oz.||Lemon Juice|
|Splash of||Club Soda|
Tools Of The Trade
- Bar Spoon
- Paring Knife
- Highball Glass
- In a cocktail shaker, add Heroes Vodka, blueberry simple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Fill a shaker with ice and shake well.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Top with a splash of club soda and garnish with blueberries.
- All Marines must garnish their cocktails with the USMC cocktail flag!