The Old Fashioned was developed in the 19th century. A short, intense, full-bodied but surprisingly smooth classic, boasting the richness of the XO blend and stirred to perfection, as called for by tradition.
|Ingredient Amount||Ingredient Name|
|1 ½ oz.||Rémy Martin XO|
|½ oz.||Honey Saffron Syrup*|
|3 drops||Chocolate Bitters|
Tools Of The Trade
- Mixing Glass
- Bar Spoon
- In a mixing glass, stir Rémy Martin XO, the honey saffron syrup and chocolate bitters.
- Strain and serve in an XO old fashioned glass.
- Add a single large ice cube.
- Sprinkle the golden leaves on top of the ice cube.
- *Honey saffron syrup: Combine equal parts honey and water in a pan to make a syrup. Reduce and add a few saffron pistils. Mix well.