Whether you’re looking for something tasty on such an occasion or a special St. Patrick’s Day cocktail to celebrate our national day, an Irish coffee is just the brew for you. Enjoy the taste of triple distilled smoothness with your favorite coffee.
|Ingredient Amount||Ingredient Name|
|1 oz.||Jameson Irish Whiskey|
|⅓ oz.||Demerara and Muscovado Sugar Syrup|
|4 oz.||Medium Roasted Espresso Coffee|
|1 oz.||Lightly Whipped Double Cream|
|1||Vanilla Pod or Cinnamon (Garnish)|
|1||Fresh Grated Nutmeg (Garnish)|
Tools Of The Trade
- Bar Spoon
- Irish Coffee Mug
- Dissolve 2 parts Demerara sugar and 1 part Muscovado sugar in 3 parts of boiling water for the syrup.
- Stir sugar syrup into Jameson in a warmed glass.
- Whip chilled double cream lightly until it starts to stiffen.
- Brew a shot of coffee into the glass from your espresso machine.
- Reload and brew in a second shot.
- Pour the whipped cream into the coffee over the back of a spoon so it floats on top.
- Garnish with a trimmed vanilla pod or a stick of cinnamon and dust with a grating of fresh nutmeg.